Co-operative Incubator Pilot Program Application
There are two forms that must be completed by every group:
1. Individual Application Form (1 per person – 3 in total per group)
2. Group Application Form (1 per group)
The deadline to receive all forms in your Application is January 1st, 2024 at 11:59 PM.
For any concerns or questions about this process, email Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about Selection:
January 1 – Applications Close
January 17 – Notification of Results to Applicants
January 31 – Initial Orientation for Selected Groups
February to July – Program Duration
The Selection Process:
Once applications are closed, all application packages will be reviewed by the NLFC’s team to screen out ineligible applications based on the Selection Criteria:
- All THREE people of the group must be 18 years old or above.
- All THREE people of the group must have completed all required forms and questions.
- All THREE people of the group must be based in the Northeast Avalon Region.
- The stage of the new co-op will be important, as the group must not be too far down the development process. For this Pilot Program, co-op projects will be at an early stage.
- The creation of the new co-op must be completely autonomous from an existing organization. In other words, the group is not looking for a “co-operative conversion.”
They will then narrow down the applications to a Short List based on the group’s responses that showcase the strength and potential of the group and the co-operative idea. Following this assessment, the Short List will be presented for input from a trusted group of advisors, including the NLFC’s own Board of Directors. Their remarks will be taken into consideration as the NLFC team will then make a final selection from the Short List and inform all applicants of the results.